Furniture Store - Chairs and sofas are fine, but the well appointed home must have the proper modern tables and dining room furniture to offer guests a place to set their plates and glasses. Our offerings of fine dining room furniture, contemporary dining table sets and modern coffee tables are there for you, answering the call with sophisticated aplomb.
A TABLE FOR EVERY ROOM IN YOUR HOME
If selected carefully, fine modern dining room furniture and can create a real synergy and vibrancy in your living space. When choosing your tables, keep these things in mind:
• What is the function of the table? Is it going to be used regularly in daily life or in entertaining? If so, you'll want to make sure the dining table or coffee or end table not only fits into your space and design goals, but will be useful as well.
• If you're keeping your dining room chairs, choose dining room furniture that will accommodate the legs and arms of the chair so it can be properly tucked in when not in use.
• The same can be said for coffee tables and end tables. If you like to stretch your legs out when seated on the sofa choose a coffee table with an open leg structure so you won't be constantly bumping up against them.
Dining room tables
Modern dining room tables can add tremendous beauty to your home. Their clean, crisp lines allow you to dress them up or dress them down, depending on the occasion. During the holidays or other festival occasions, you can change the entire character of a dining room table with a special tablecloth or runner. For every day use, finely crafted modern dining room tables don't need much embellishment to look splendid in your home. The quality of the materials, originality of the designs and fine finishes will make your dining room table a focal point of your home.
Dining room table tips:
A quality dining table, whether it's a small dining table, round dining table or square dining table, can beautify your home for many years. Modern dining tables don't drift in and out of fashion like other furnishing. They set the pace all by themselves with classic designs that stand up to the test of time. When selecting a dining table, here are things to think about:
• Dining tables come in many shapes and sizes and you want to find one that fits the room. It's the old rule that you can't fit a square peg into a round hole. You don't want a table that's so large no one can scoot their seat back or one so small that guest plates are touching one another.
• Let the space you're decorating speak to you. You can change the shape or material of the dining room table more easily than the shape of the room. An oval or round dining table can soften a smaller dining space while a traditional square or rectangular dining table will enhance a larger area.
• If you have wee ones about you may want to consider a rounded edge or round dining table to prevent mishaps. One thing's for sure. A modern dining table of any size and shape will add contemporary beauty to your dining room, one that will make family, friends and guests feel very welcome.
Modern coffee tables, round coffee tables and square coffee tables
If it weren't for the popularity of tea, coffee tables would have never found their way into modern homes. At the height of the tea-drinking craze in Britain, a new low table where Brits could put their cups came into being. The tea table became the modern coffee table during the Arts and Crafts movement. Next time you play trivia you can thank designer E.W. Godwin for the fact that we don't have "tea table books" on our tea tables and can instead enjoy the low slung, versatile coffee table we've come to love today.
Coffee Table tips:
Since the very beginning of the Modernist movement, designers have been particularly drawn to the coffee table and end table as a place to experiment with new designs and materials. Here are some helpful tips so you can make the most of your coffee tables:
• The Glass Coffee Table is a classic in modern furniture. Most glass coffee tables have tempered glass to prevent breakage and add strength. But if it's not specifically mentioned, be sure to ask.
• When shopping for a round coffee table, square coffee table or oval coffee table, consider the furnishings that will surround it. Visually these are all grouped together and should complement one another.
• If you like a piece that is as much a work of art as a coffee table or end table, consider a signature creation from one of the great modern designers such as van der Rohe, Gray or the Eames brothers.
When it comes to coffee tables don't be shy about making a statement with the design. Modern furniture is not only functional, but fun as well.